Join us for our ecologically exquisite summer camps, where young minds will have a chance to participate in innovative crafts, hands-on workshops, and fun outdoor games.
2019 Summer Camp Schedule
Lighthouse Extravaganza – Monday, July 8th – 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Join us for this special camp day as we celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Cape Jourimain Lighthouse. Participants will discover how a lighthouse works, get a sneak peek inside, enjoy an on-site picnic, and even have the chance to build their own custom lighthouse.
Land & Sea – Monday, July 15th – 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Take on the role of an intrepid explorer as you set out into the natural world of Cape Jourimain. You’ll learn about the many plants and animals that live above the ground and below the waves on this amazing and wild journey.
Wild Wetlands – Monday, July 22nd – 10:00AM-4:00PM
- Join us on an adventure as we learn about the submerged world of wetlands. Unravel the secrets of this mysterious ecosystem as you discover the difference between swamps and marshes, analyze how wetlands form, and learn about the many strange creatures that lurk in the muck.
- The afternoon session will be led by a special guest from Ducks Unlimited.
Sustainable Me! – Monday, July 29th – 10:00AM-4:00PM
- In our final day of camp, you’ll learn about the destructive power of climate change and discover innovative strategies for reducing your ecological footprint and living more sustainably.
To sign up, click the link below, download and complete the PDF, then email it to our Education Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up by visiting our on-site Administration Office located in the Interpretive Centre (second building).
Payment must be made upon arrival or in advance at the Cape Jourimain Administration Office. Cash only!
Download the sign up sheet by clicking HERE!
What is the age range
- Our camps are recommended for participants between the age of 6 and 12.
How much does it cost?
- Each camp day cost $10 per participant. This helps to cover the cost of our craft supplies.
Do I need to sign up in advance
- No, you can sign up at the door. Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance if you haven’t pre-registered.
If I sign up, do I need to attend every camp day?
- No, participants can pick and choose which days that they want to sign up and pay for.
Is there a place to purchase lunch?
- The Cape Jourimain restaurant is not open this year. There will be some food available to purchase at our cafe; however, participants are advised to bring their own lunch and snacks.
Where do I go?
- Each camp day will begin in the Interpretive Centre multipurpose room (follow the outside path beside the front building, continue along the boardwalk to the rear building, enter the first room on the right).
What should I bring?
- Participants are advised to bring a jacket, insect repellent, sunscreen, hat, water bottle, and hiking shoes. If it’s raining, then participants should come prepared to be outdoors.
I signed up for multiple camp days, but am no longer able to attend.
- Please contact our Education Office as early as possible if a participant is no longer able to attend a day that they have already registered for. If you contact us before the start of the camp day, then you will be eligible for a refund.
What language are the camps provided in?
- All of our summer camps are provided in English only.
For any inquiries, contact our Education Office at 506-538-2288 or email@example.com